Our preventive dentistry program in Mississauga is a cooperative effort by the patient, Dr. Glenn McKay, and our dental staff to preserve your natural dentition and support bone structures by preventing the onset, progress, and recurrence of dental diseases. Dental cleaning is an innate part of preventive dentistry. The cleaning sessions usually include examination of teeth and gum health, plaque removal, polishing of the tooth surface, a fluoride treatment, in short, quick deep cleaning of your teeth. Rely on us for professional dental cleaning in Mississauga.
Deep teeth cleaning sessions are an opportunity for the hygienist to detect any signs of decay or issues that may cause dental problems in future. Regular deep cleaning has helped people get rid of dental problems such as bad breath, cavities, tooth decay, tooth stains and gum diseases. In addition, this may also help you escape oral surgery.
Gum disease, tooth decay and trauma are the primary reasons why adult patients lose their teeth. Preventing dental disease starts at home with good oral hygiene and a balanced diet. It is continued in the dental office by the efforts of your family dentist and dental hygienist to promote, restore, and maintain your oral health.
A Wide Range of Preventive Treatments
There is a range of preventive treatments that can help you maintain the health and hygiene of your teeth. From X-rays to thorough cleaning jobs, here’s how you can ensure that your teeth are always in an immaculate condition with these preventive treatments:
- A Complete X-Ray to assess your oral health: An X-ray can help us identify any oral problems in your teeth or gums. They can help in detecting infection or cavities at a preliminary stage, making it easy to find a suitable dental solution.
- A thorough cleaning procedure: we can perform a comprehensive cleaning process to ensure that any plaque and buildup is cleaned completely.
- Application of sealant: these treatments are especially recommended for children in the cavity-prone age bracket of 6-14 years of age.
- Fluoride treatments: A fluoride treatment implies the application of a gel-like fluoride-containing substance that lends strength to your teeth.
- Oral examinations of your teeth and gums: Regular oral examinations can go a long way in checking for periodontal treatments.
- Examine for tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments. Early cavity detection is key to keeping your pearly whites in good health.
Call us for more information on our range of preventive oral treatments.